Thursday, June 2, 2011

Boutique Frame




I was spray painting a couple of picture frames the other day, and I discovered that distressing picture frames is a lot more fun than trying to get the whole picture frame painted perfectly. I like the distressed look much better also. In the past, crafts used to stress me out because I would often mess them up somehow. But now that the distressed look is in, crafting is a blast. I added a fun big bow and a cool pendant to this frame to give it some character. Here is what I did.
















Materials needed:





-spray paint





-picture frame





-sandpaper, I used 100 grit





-thick ribbon





-cool button or pendant





-hot glue gun










First, spray paint your frame and let dry. Once dry, scuff up the frame however you like with sand paper. This part is really fun!
Then, take your ribbon and make a bow.
Use your glue gun to adhere the bow to your frame.
Hot glue the button/pendant to the middle of your bow and voila! I am very happy with me little craft! :)
































No comments:

Post a Comment