Friday, June 24, 2011

Fastest, Easiest, and Tastiest Pizza Dough

This is my go to recipe for pizza dough. No rising time required and it tastes good. Yipee!
I have tried adding wheat flour in place of white flour and it does not taste as good to me, so I just load up the veggies on my pizza for the toppings to make it more healthy.
The recipe is from http://moneysavingmom.com
Pizza Crust:
1 Tb. active dry yeast (I use the brand SAF-Instant)
1 C warm water
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 Tb vegetable oil
2.5 C flour
-In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in the water. Let sit for 5 ish minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix.
-Dump the dough onto a floured surface.
-Knead for a few minutes until the dough is smooth.
-Roll out dough and press onto pixxa pan or cookie sheet.
-Add toppings (Ideas: marinara sauce, BBQ sauce, Alfredo sauce, pesto sacue, whatever you like. Pepperoni, ham, bacon, cooked, diced chicken, bell peppers, tomatoes, corn, etc. and of course, cheese).

Bake at 450 degrees F. for 12 - 15 minutes. And voila! Homemade pizza that only takes about 30-45 minutes start to finish. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment