Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Zucchini Week!

We went to a Family Reunion and were gone for 1 week. When we came back, our garden had exploded. Unfortunately we lost our camera while at the reunion so I do not have pictures, but we had 8 large zucchini. My husband weighed them and they totaled 17lbs! So, what do you do with 17 lbs or ripe zucchini? We though about canning it, we found some recipes for jam with zucchini in it to carry the flavor. We also considered making pickled relish with zucchini in it. Maybe we will do those things later this summer. But I really wanted to find some meals that I could use zucchini in. So I am declaring this week, zucchini week! I will share the recipes I found and results as I try them. And if any of you have good recipes that include zucchini in the ingredients, please leave a comment with the recipe or a link to the recipe. Thanks!


This Week's Line-Up


-Stuffed Zucchini from Mel's Kitchen Cafe (Verdict: DELICIOUS! I am not a big fan of vegetables, and this dish is all vegetables, but I loved it! I used garden fresh ingredients, amazing. You can add more veggies to, whatever you have on hand, I included some fresh green beans, chopped small)

-Skillet Nachos from The Sisters Cafe (Verdict: Oh my, LOVED these!)

-Parmesan Zucchini from The Sisters Cafe as a side dish with chicken cordon bleu as the main course

-Creamy Italian Chicken and Orzo Skillet from Kraft (Verdict: I did not really like this dish actually, the cream was much too strong for my taste, but others might really like it, my hubby did!)

-Zucchini Soup from The Sisters Cafe

-Zucchini Sticks from Skinny Taste

-Zucchini Pizza Bites from Skinny Taste

-Power Enchiladas from The Sisters Cafe

-Zucchini Brownies!!!!!!!!!!!
Let me know if you have some good zucchini recipes too, I could always use more! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment